Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CAREER GUIDANCE: MASTER'S AT IIT

(As posted by Ms. Neeti in my Orkut community)
It was the Second year of my Post Graduation in Master's of Architectutre at IIT. There were placements going on. I gave a lot of interviews and skipped a lot of them. My entire class was almost through with their campus placement. When ever i had an interview i used to call up Mr. Shiv Bhatia for his blessings and i used to ask him if that company would be good for me or not. And in most of the companies he refused. But he assured me that my career would be good.

After my Master's was through i came to Delhi looking for a suitable job. i started calling various architectural firms. I told him about all the companies i had applied to. Out of all of them, he just selected one company, which he said would be the right platform for me and my career would be at a high after i join the firm. I went for the interview in the morning. By the evening i recieved the call from the director that i'm selected.

Today i'm enjoying my work, getting an exposure which very few lucky people get. And in span of just 8 months i've got a raise TWICE.

Thanks to him I am in the right place and my career is going great.

I STILL KEEP WONDERING HOW HE CAN GIVE SUCH RIGHT GUIDANCE.

No comments: